Growing up is hard, y’know? Here are some notes/thoughts on it:
- The majority of my pictures now have frames around them.
- Early is not 8 AM. Early is 4:00-5:00 AM. I am now a morning person. Not an early riser? Judgment.
- At some point, you will need to stop eating trash and fill your body with things it needs. They will become things you want.
- That said, no amount of healthy eating will prevent sickness or death. Indulgences are okay.
- You will never leave Target without spending at least $50. Ever.
- Children hate naps but need them. College students love naps and need them. Adults may or may not need naps, but they want them. But naps give adults “nap hangovers” — pounding headache, sensitivity to movement, nausea. Day sleep = no night sleep. You are not a cat.
- The majority of your adult morning will be spent procuring caffeine (or talking about that pursuit with your co-workers).
- Also, break room coffee isn’t coffee. Don’t trust anyone who says otherwise.
- Leisurely mornings are the best things in the world. The. Best.
- Making my bed is not optional.
- Friendships will never be as effortless as they were before.
- Everyone is biologically predetermined to “like” water. It keeps you alive. Drink it, you’ll feel better. (And don’t contaminate it with those BS flavor packs).
- Cleanliness is a form of self-care (may have stolen this one from The Killing).
- Skincare regimes are now a thing.
- The first ten years after college will be the hardest years of your life.
- Walk in the door -> Sweatpants.
Good luck out there, Everyone.